Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Join a city tour to visit two spiritually significant World Heritage Sites - Boudhanath and Pashupatinath.
- Receive a briefing from your group leader and get your trekking equipment. Enjoy a welcome dinner at a traditional Nepali restaurant with authentic cuisine and cultural dance.
- Depart early for a scenic Flight to the picturesque Lake city of Pokhara.
- Enjoy the aerial view of breathtaking landscapes, rivers, and farming terraces.
- Explore Pokhara, the second largest city, is a place of immense beauty and tranquility. The serene lake and majestic peaks in the background create a peaceful and delightful atmosphere.
- An exciting drive to Jhinu Danda and a delightful walk to the beautiful settlement of Sinuwa Through Chhomrong.
- On the first day's walk, you will reach the vibrant village of Chhomrong, and a further undulating trail to Sinuwa which offers breathtaking views of ancient farming terraces and mountains.
- Walking through the mystical forest towards Annapurna Sanctuary is a delightful and thrilling experience. You may sense a mysterious presence in this sacred woodland.
- Trek into the deep valley along a forested trail adorned with Maple, Oak, Rhododendron, and Birch trees, and abundant flora. It is a remarkable and thrilling journey.
- The Annapurna base camp offers an incredibly spectacular view of the mountains from a 360-degree angle. Witnessing the morning sunrise is a heavenly experience, blessed with breathtaking panoramic mountain views.
Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek Overview:
This phenomenal 9-day Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek takes you to the legendary trail set by the French climber Maurice Herzog in 1950. Maurice Herzog scaled Annapurna I, the first-ever victorious human ascent of 8,000 m peaks in the history of mountaineering. Trekking to the base of Annapurna I (8091 m), the 10th highest mountain in the world is indeed a pleasing experience.
This 9-day Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek is yet another delightful trek that delivers a great trekking experience. It offers you scenic snow-clad mountain views, a natural trekking trail, and interaction with the locals popularly known as “Gurung”.
More About Annapurna Base Camp
Annapurna Base Camp or Annapurna Sanctuary is by far the most sanctified place and it bears various beliefs, myths, and mysteries that still survive in the midst of all modernization.
The Annapurna Base Camp trek is one of the most popular treks in the world and for good reason. The beauty of the Annapurna massif is simply breathtaking. The trek takes you through a variety of landscapes, from lush forests to snow-capped peaks. Along the way, you'll see stunning views of Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre, and many other peaks.
But it's not just the mountains that make the Annapurna Base Camp trek so special. The trek also takes you through some of the most remote and beautiful villages in Nepal. You'll have the chance to meet the local people and learn about their culture. And of course, no trek to Annapurna Base Camp would be complete without experiencing the sunrise and sunset. The sunrise/sunset views from the base camp are simply incredible.
Here are some of the things that make Annapurna Base Camp so beautiful:
The Annapurna massif is home to some of the most stunning mountains in the world, including Annapurna I, Annapurna South, and Machhapuchhre. The trek to ABC passes through some of the most lush and beautiful forests in Nepal.
It also takes you through some of the most remote and beautiful villages in Nepal. You'll have the chance to learn about the local culture and meet the friendly GURUNG people of Nepal.
If you're looking for a beautiful and challenging trek, the Annapurna Base Camp trek is a great option. You'll be rewarded with stunning views of the Himalayas. Furthermore, the experience is incredible.
Here are some additional thoughts on the beauty of Annapurna Base Camp:
- The way the mountains change color throughout the day is simply stunning.
- The feeling of being surrounded by such towering peaks is awe-inspiring.
- The sense of accomplishment you feel when you reach base camp is indescribable.
- The friendships you make with other trekkers along the way are priceless.
9-Day Short ABC Trip Summary:
We drive to the most enchanting Lake city of Pokhara with a grandiose view of the Annapurna range and the famous Phewa Lake. Fishtail or Machchapuchare - The Holy Mountain, dominates this beautiful city.
The next day we drive to the village Jhinu Danda, our starting point, the rustic settlement with the ‘natural hot spring’. Shortly we hike up to the beautiful village of Chhomrong which offers the most gorgeous view of the holy mountain Fishtail.
From Chhomrong we get deep into the silent and mysterious valley of Annapurna which presents lofty hills and a series of waterfalls. This enchanting trail eventually leads us to Sinuwa for our overnight stay.
The next morning, we start heading towards Bamboo through the most fascinating trail with a dramatic forest setting which is simply sensational. The name itself symbolizes that this small village is precisely inside the forest of bamboo, maple, rhododendron, and oak.
Bamboo Village doesn’t offer ample views but it’s worth it. However, the tranquil atmosphere at Bamboo with just the sound of nature around is mesmerizing.
Soon, we walk the sanctified woodland trail towards the village of Deurali. This trail appears very mystifying and holds lots of myths and mysteries. To many, this dark forested trail gives an uncanny feeling but it’s exciting as you pass through.
Soon we get to the most awaited destination, Annapurna base camp which is very well-fenced by skyrocketing snow peaks. It’s indeed very spiritual and magical to be at ABC with a magnificent view. Furthermore, anyone would be overwhelmed when they find themselves in a place entirely surrounded by majestic snow peaks. It is simply magical.
After saying goodbye to the magnanimous mountain, we retrace our trail back to Siwai. Eventually, the 9-day Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek is done and will undoubtedly leave you very mesmerized and contented.