Nar Phu Valley Trek with Thorang La Pass Trip Highlights:
The Nar Phu Valley Trek with Thorong La Pass trip is an extraordinary journey that combines the stunning and less-visited Nar Phu Valley with the iconic Thorong La Pass.
- Experience a more authentic and less crowded side of the Annapurna region. Nar Phu Valley is a hidden gem, less frequented by trekkers, which maintains absolute serenity.
- The Nar and Phu villages are home to people of Tibetan origin, and their culture and traditions have been preserved for centuries. Explore the ancient monasteries, interact with the friendly locals, and witness their distinct way of life.
- Meeting the local communities of Nar and Phu Valley is a unique aspect of this trek.
- Visit the ancient monasteries that have stood the test of time. These monastic sites provide insights into the spiritual and cultural heritage of the region.
- Going over the most stunning Kang La Pass @ 5,320 m / 17,450 feet provides you with a sense of accomplishment.
- Your trip cruises through a diverse range of landscapes, from lush forests and terraced fields to arid, high-altitude deserts as you approach Thorong La. The contrast in scenery is remarkable.
- You'll be treated to jaw-dropping views of some of the world's highest peaks, including Annapurna II, Gangapurna, Tilicho Peak, and Nilgiri throughout.
- Crossing the Thorong La Pass @ 5,416 m / 17,769 feet is a challenging but immensely rewarding part of the journey. The panoramic views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges from the pass are simply breathtaking.
- The trek showcases natural wonders such as the dramatic canyons and gorges, glacial rivers, and turquoise lakes, creating an awe-inspiring backdrop for your journey.
- The combination of Tibetan-influenced culture in Nar and Phu with the diverse cultures encountered along the Annapurna Circuit makes for a rich cultural tapestry.
Nar Phu Valley Trek with Thorang La Pass Trip Overview
Nar Phu Valley Trek with Thorong La Pass is certainly one of the most beautiful treks, a hidden gem of Nepal. If anyone is looking for a trek that goes beyond the natural beauty Nar Phu Valley Trek with Thorong La Pass will surely be the best pick. If you are intending to escape the commercial traditional trekking route and prefer to depart into the wilderness then Nar Phu Valley would surely be an ideal choice. This classic 20-day trek takes you to the magical remote villages of Nar and Phu and the incomparable Thorang La pass.
Located in the North of Annapurna in Manang District, the ancient valley of Nar and Phu is a very medieval setting as it is still untouched by the outside world. The remoteness of the region is still very tranquil and gives anyone the real feeling of being in the wilderness. Nar Phu has a diverse topography which makes it exclusive, unlike many other Himalayan valleys of Nepal.
Trekking into Nar Phu Valley is certainly a beautiful experience. It cruises through narrow canyons, amazing woodland, primeval villages, and monasteries with exceptional Himalayan culture, customs, and beliefs. Every day you would witness to comprehend the Tibetan-influenced lifestyle and the authentic rustic everyday life which is very typical.
Besides, this trip delivers travelers one of the most outstanding views of the mountains. The view includes Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Tilicho Peak, and Annapurna. The valley of Nar Phu is a restricted area and still very unaffected because it was opened to the outside world only in 2003.
The valley is very rich in its natural beauty, different history, myths, and in its unique culture. Nar Phu is, without a doubt, a hidden gem purely adorned by its natural beauty, remoteness, and its soothing serenity. Besides the mountains and the cultured villages, the Nar Phu Trekking has a lot to offer. The local traditions, rituals, dress, and ample sacred monasteries bear fascinating myths and legends.
About Nar Phu Valley Trek with Thorong La Pass:
The Nar Phu Valley trek with Thorong La Pass basically starts from the prominent Annapurna Circuit Trek. From Kathmandu, we drive to Dharapani via Besisahar. Despite a long drive the view and the fun of driving through the narrow highways and the mountain gorges are interestingly unbelievable. From Dharapani we skip the legendary Annapurna Circuit trial and enter into the most stunning hidden valley of Nar and Phu.
Though the walking distance is short yet the walking hours are governed by your pace and the time you spend adoring the mesmerizing sights. Gradually we explore this practically untouched valley walking into the remote magical surrounding with its enchanting charm. Eventually, we go over the amazing Kang La pass 5320m / 17,454ft and once again join the famous Annapurna Circuit Trial. As we get down to Ngawal the view of the Annapurna massif is simply unbelievable.