3 Annapurna Viewpoints Trek Highlights
- The drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara unveils the breathtaking beauty of Nepal's landscapes, with picturesque views of lush valleys, majestic mountains, and winding rivers.
- Nestled at an elevation of 820 meters, Pokhara, the enchanting second-largest city beckons with its unparalleled beauty that effortlessly ignites a sense of exhilaration, even amidst the long-hour drive.
- The tranquil and ethereal Phewa Lake, adorned with its shimmering waters, harmoniously coexists with the majestic Himalayas that proudly stand tall in the background.
- On our next day's journey from Kimche to Ghandruk, you'll be greeted with an adventure that promises both excitement and awe.
- Trek to the largest culturally rich Gurung village, where the grandeur of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, and Fishtail mountains unfolds before your eyes. As you stand amidst the vibrant green hills, the panoramic vista leaves you spellbound, a testament to the beauty that lies within the heart of Nepal's majestic landscapes.
- Walking into the pristine valley of Rhododendron, wild flora, and fauna to Dobato is indeed an incredible experience.
- You would surely enjoy the serenity of the wilderness which is indeed very different and soothing from the commercial trekking destination of Nepal. The incredible view from the Muldai Viewpoint is something not to be missed.
- Walk to Ghorepani, the world's largest Rhododendron growing forest area, and a morning excursion to Poonhill for the exceptional sunrise view is one cherishing moment endowed with spectacular panoramic mountains view along with the Kali Gandaki gorge, the deepest gorge in the world.
- With the abrupt change in the valleys and landscape eventually takes you to the jagged high mountain landscape, with miraculous views of Mardi Himal, Fishtail, Annapurna South, and Hiunchuli.
- An adventurous walk over the extended ridge towards the Mohare Danda is a world-class experience - Mohare Danda delivers you a far more beautiful and closer view of the majestic mountain than any hill has to offer.
- A beautiful mountain Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara is yet another highlight of this trip that presents you with the most picturesque view of the valleys and mountains.
3 Annapurna Viewpoints Trek Overview
3 Annapurna Viewpoints Trek includes
- Muldai View Point (3637 m / 11,932 feet),
- Poon-Hill (3200 m / 10,498 feet), and
- Mohare Danda (3,200 m/ 10, 498 feet).
3 Annapurna Viewpoints Trek takes you to the outstanding vantage points of Annapurna namely - Muldai View Point, Poon Hill, and Mohare Danda. This amazing Annapurna Foothills Trek supplies you with one of the most beautiful experiences and the view is beyond comparison from all these 3 different viewpoints. This short easy 6 days 3 Annapurna Viewpoints Trek is painted with its natural beauty and the overall setting is very dramatic and mesmerizing.
Give yourself a break to explore this tranquil vicinity which is certainly very untouched and away from the regular-commercial trekking destination. Escape from the maddening city and the regular bustling trekking trail and chose to be somewhere that gives you peace of mind and time for yourself to release your creative energy. These 3 different vantage points undoubtedly have so much to offer for travelers that anyone would be left spellbound by their splendor and elegance.
3 Annapurna Viewpoints Trek Summary:
3 Annapurna Viewpoints Trek basically starts from the Capital City of Kathmandu, the city of temples. Next, we drive to Pokhara situated at an elevation of 820 m/ 2,690 ft. Pokhra is the second biggest and the most gorgeous Lake City in Nepal located to the west of Kathmandu.
Pokhara was once the home of the Hippies where they enjoyed their distinctive lifestyle with fun and bliss. Now Pokhara is the second home to tourists from around the world which is very captivating with great beauty, a clean environment, and stunning mountain views.
Soon we will be walking the scenic native trail that will lead us to the cultural village of Ghandruk. Ghandruk happens to be one of the biggest villages inhabited by the tribe called GURUNG also popularly known as the “TAMU”. Gurungs are the ethnic group living in the high hills of Western Nepal with their own distinct culture and language.
Furthermore, their belief system has a beautiful blend of Buddhism, Hinduism, Shamanism, and their own individual Cult – this individual cult is basically worshipping their ancestors and is kept very secret and sacred.
Progressively, we walk the densely forested trail towards Tadapani which gives us a mystical presence. Tadapani is a very small town with limited lodges and is basic but the view of the mountains is incredible. The sunrise view in the morning right from your room window is something very mind-boggling.
We walk further into the very untouched valley of Annapurna through the mystic woodland Rhododendron trail. The mountain trail onwards is so magical that trekkers have actually given different fictional nicknames like the “Lord of the Rings trail” etc.
1. Muldai Viewpoint (3637 m / 11,932 feet):
From Tadapani we take a different forested trail which is another beautiful adventure. After 5 hour's walk, we get to a very small teahouse settlement of Dobato. The next morning with an early wake-up call a short walk leads us to our first viewpoint, Muldai viewpoint.
In clear morning weather, Muldai is certainly very worth it. The mountain view with the morning sunrise is absolutely amazing. We recommend not to skip your early morning wake-up for the sake of your few minutes' snooze or you will be missing a heavenly experience.
2. Poon Hill (3200 m / 10,498 feet):
After the exciting morning, we leave Dobato and trek further to Ghorepani. We descend the newly established trail through the dramatic forest setting towards Deurali. As we walk the ridge line of the high hills we see Mt. Dhaulagiri, the 7th highest mountain in the world-dominating the skyline.
Finally, we reach the blue-roofed beautiful town of Ghorepani. Ghorepani has indeed a very beautiful history of being a popular junction during the time of the "Salt Trade Era" between Tibet and Nepal. In fact, this beautiful town was a perfect place for the traders to feed water to their horses and also to finish the barter trading. This is the reason why it assumes the name "Ghore as Horse" and "Pani as Water".
The next morning we will head out to our second viewpoint, Poon Hill which gives you another grandiose view of the mountains and landscape which is nowhere to be found. Poon Hill is a 45-minute steep hill walk from Ghorepani.
Trekkers start earliest in the morning to witness the most spectacular sunrise view. Trekkers require a small entrance fee and once you get to the top you can always buy yourself a hot beverage to enjoy the chill and the view.
3. Mohare Danda (3,200 m/ 10, 498 feet):
Subsequently, we will be on our quest to our last viewpoint, the Mohare Danda. Mohare Danda is a 3 to 4 hours walk from Poon Hill. Since this Viewpoint is pretty new in comparison to Poon Hill and Muldai Mohare Danda doesn't necessarily have an established trail.
So if you are all by yourself or trekking as a FIT, it's highly recommended that you take someone who knows the trail to Mohare Danda. Once again the trail to this Viewpoint cruises through the forested trail which is genuinely off the beaten track. Mohare Danda, besides the mountains, gives you a really dramatic picture of the landscapes and hills. This viewpoint is furnished with too many images for professional photographers to showcase.
The most significant highlight of this 3 Annapurna Viewpoints Trek is the spectacular sunrise and sunset view.
Besides, it furnishes a grandiose view of:
- Kali Gandaki (The World Deepest Gorge),
- Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m),
- Mt. Annapurna I (8091m),
- Mt. Tukuche (6920m),
- Mt. Dhampus (6012m),
- Mt. Nilgiri (6940m),
- Mt. Annapurna Fang (7647m),
- Mt. Annapurna South (7219m),
- Mt. Hiunchuli (6441m),
- Mt. Gangapurna (7454m), and
- Mt. Machhapuchhre (Mt. Fishtail) (6993m).
Eventually, we get back to the beautiful city of Pokhara to chill out. Pokhara offers ample outdoor activities that include lake boating, short walk, paragliding, zip line, bungee jumping, etc.
People also search for: