Upper Mustang Trek Heli Fly Out Trip Highlights
- Fly to Pokhara, the Lake City, and enjoy the magnificence of the Phewa Lake and the Annapurna Massif as the backdrop.
- Enjoy the most Thrilling mountain flight to the Airport of Jomsom that flies through the Kali Gandaki Gorge - THE WORLDS DEEPEST GORGE.
- Opportunity to explore the "Hidden Kingdom" of Mustang, the ancient monasteries, and unique Tibetan-style villages, and interact with the local Lo people, who have preserved their culture and traditions.
- A stunning and surreal landscape, with barren canyons, eroded cliffs, and striking rock formations. The red and ochre cliffs contrast with the bright blue skies, creating a truly unique and photogenic setting.
- Explore the capital of Upper Mustang, Lo-Manthang, which is a walled city with narrow alleys, ancient monasteries, and a royal palace. It's like stepping back in time and offers a glimpse into the region's history.
- Upper Mustang is home to some of the most significant and well-preserved monasteries in the Himalayas. The Ghar Gompa, Luri Gompa, and Jhong Cave Monastery are among the must-visit sites.
- Stunning mountain views, including Nilgiri, Annapurna, and Dhaulagiri ranges, as well as the distinctive landscapes they create.
- Unique Teahouses experience from those in other trekking regions of Nepal. They offer a glimpse into the traditional lifestyle of the local people.
SECURITY FOR UPPER MUSTANG RESTRICTED AREA:
Flying Helicopters to the restricted area of the Upper Mustang requires special permits. The Helicopter personnel are to exhibit this special permit at JOMSOM, the Administrative center of Mustang. After certain inspections when they are permitted to fly to Upper Mustang - for security purposes, the Helicopter is to take one of the Police personnel to Mustang for reporting and again get him back to Jomsom. All this requires a certain time frame which might cause time setbacks as compared to the time provided by your leader. However, your group leader will always be in touch with the pilots and will update you on any situations that may arise out of time delays, weather, or any natural circumstances.
The Upper Mustang Trek with a helicopter fly-out is a journey into the mystical and culturally rich heart of Nepal, providing a unique trekking experience that combines natural beauty, unique cultural experience, and the convenience of a helicopter ride to conclude your adventure.
Upper Mustang Trek Heli Fly Out takes you to one of the most amazing valleys hidden behind the soaring snowy range of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. Upper Mustang, the Lost Tibetan Kingdom, and the desert of Nepal are really fascinating, unlike any other trekking destination in Nepal. This 12-day trip gives you the most beautiful experience among the wind-eroded canyons, very untouched settings, and Tibetan Buddhism culture.
This ancient kingdom of Mustang was opened to the outside world only in 1992. It still remainsthe Forbidden City and needs a Special Trekking Permit from the immigration that costs USD $500 per person for 10 Days. 10 Days are the minimum number of days a permit is issued and will be charged USD $50 per person per day for further extension.
This 12-day Upper Mustang Trek Heli Fly Out is an epic journey to the most exclusive Upper Mustang and its timeless traditions. It holds a remarkable contrast with vast and barren Tibetan landscapes, ancient cliff-hanging monasteries, and native settlements with lush buckwheat fields. Upper Mustang is a source of the wildest river Kali Gandaki, also known as the world's deepest gorge. Furthermore, Mustang carries an abundant history and legends of Guru Padmasambhava, popularly known as Guru Rimpoche, the founder of Tibetan Buddhism.
Upper Mustang Helicopter Trek Trip Summary:
We fly to Pokhara, the second home for the tourists where you have the opportunity to reward yourself with ample sporty activities. Next, we have a stirring experience of flying through the world’s deepest gorge in a small plane to get the Jomsom which is situated at the height of 2700 m. We will walk the valley of Kali Gandaki to get to Kagbeni, another ancient settlement situated at the confluence. Soon we enter into the restricted area of Upper Mustang and trek through the most enchanting trail to the village of Chaile.
Gradually we get to the very untouched settlement of Tsarang with ample ancient Chortens and a maze-like village setting. By this time anyone would comprehend the glamour of traveling to upper Mustang. Eventually, we get to Lo Manthang, the capital of Upper Mustang. This walled city is special and unique on its own. Every year around the month of May and August the locals of Lo celebrates the most prominent festival called the Tiji festival. Thousands of trekkers from around the world including the locals' tourists come to witness this famous festival.
The next day flying back in a Helicopter through the gorge of Kali Gandaki to Pokhara is a breathtaking experience. Besides the aerial view of the Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, you get to see the entire Annapurna massif soaring high up in the sky. Next flying back to Pokhara through the deepest gorge with the view of two world's highest mountains, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri is another attraction.
If you are looking for other exquisite Upper Mustang Packages, we also offer Upper Mustang Trek, Upper Mustang Tiji Festival Trek, Upper Mustang Circuit, and Upper Mustang Jeep Safari.